This list of pineapple recipes is another way for Royal Hawaiian Movers to welcome you to the beautiful Hawaiian islands.
Grilled Pineapple Rings
- Sliced rings of pineapple 1/2” thick
- Light vegetable oil
On a very hot barbeque grill, place lightly brushed and seasoned rings of pineapple on grill surface.
Grill about 3 minutes per side (looking for grill marks).
Serve with grilled chicken, pork or beef.
Oven Poached Pineapple Ono
- Large piece of fresh filet of island Ono (or Mahi-mahi) 1-2 lbs or larger
- Fresh cut pineapple rings 2 (or more)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic crushed
- 1 whole Maui sweet onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Hawaiian salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
In a large baking pan or baking sheet layout aluminum foil 4 inches longer than the piece of fish.
Place pineapple down of foil.
Place cleaned fish filet on pineapple slices.
Add salt and pepper to the fish.
Mix garlic and ginger together and spread evenly on fish.
Take sliced onion rings and cover fish.
Add butter to the top of the onions.
Add a top layer of aluminum foil, fold the edges of the foil with the bottom layer of foil to make a pouch or tent (edges should be tight but should be loose around fish.) Place in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Be careful opening foil; steam will be hot. Serve the fish and onions with the pineapple over your favorite rice.
Pineapple Cole Slaw
- ½ head green Cabbage – shredded
- ¼ head red Cabbage – shredded
- 1 cup carrots – shredded
- ¾ cup pineapple – chunks Proportions can vary
- 1 cup mayonnaise Bottle dressing will work just fine too!
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- ¼ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp dry mustard to taste
- ¼ tsp celery seed to taste
In a large mixing bowl add dressing ingredients and whisk together.
Toss with cabbage mixture, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Remove from refrigerator, give it a quick toss and serve.
Serve on top of a pulled pork (Kalua pork) sandwich for a great lunch
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/3 cup dry sherry wine the real stuff, not cooking sherry
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pureed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup of chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs yes, you can use boneless and skinless chicken
Mix sherry, soy sauce, pineapple, brown sugar, grated ginger and 2 of the crushed garlic.
Marinate chicken thighs overnight.
Remove chicken thighs from marinade, pat dry; retain marinade.
Grill seasoned (salt and pepper) chicken thighs until done.
On the stove top, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat add shallots and remaining garlic.
Stir and cook shallots and garlic for about 1 minute until shallots are translucent. Add a little salt and pepper.
Add retained marinade to pan cook until mixture has reduced by about a 1/3.
- Take cornstarch and mix with a small amount of water (2oz) this makes a slurry.
- Take marinade off heat stir in slurry mixing well. Return to heat. If sauce tightens up too much thin with water, if still too thin add more slurry.
- Add chopped pineapple, add grilled chicken.
- Turn off heat. Let stand, turning chicken to coat. Serve over rice.
This recipe can be used for grilled pork or grilled beef